MACRA Documentation – Fact or Fiction
Instructor : Jill M. Young
Jul 19, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
What exactly do you have to do, while documenting for MACRA? There has been delay after delay in total implementation, but offices need to be prepared for the job nevertheless. In the MACRA concept of High Quality and Low Cost, a patient’s diagnosis documentation will provide the information necessary to determine whether your provider has been successful. Diagnosis documentation and coding will be discussed in this webinar, which will help you prepare for MACRA documentation.
During this webinar, our expert speaker Ms. Jill M. Young will walk you through the subject of Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) documentation, explaining various things in detail and providing useful information which will help you complete your documentation properly, and handle tricky situations. You will learn, for instance, about diagnosis documentation and coding.
The webinar will begin with a discussion of the difference between regular documentation, and documentation for the MACRA. Next, you will learn what the MACRA looks for in a patient’s charting by their provider, and about specialty practices – and where they fit into the equation with MACRA. The speaker will then instruct you on how to handle the situation in case the severity of the patient’s diagnosis isn’t reflected correctly in the ICD-10 code. Some other subjects which will be discussed along the way include diagnosis documentation, coding, and others.
All webinar attendees will be provided handouts which will help them remember and make the most of what they have learnt during the training session.
- Understand the difference between regular documentation, and documenting for MACRA
- Find out what MACRA looks for, in a patient’s charting by their provider
- Discover how to handle the situation in case the severity of the patient’s diagnosis isn’t reflected correctly in the ICD-10 code
- Learn all about specialty practices, and where they fit into the equation with MACRA
- Discuss diagnosis documentation and coding
- …and much more
Who will benefit:
The following people will benefit from, and should therefore attend, this webinar:
- Medical service providers – MD (doctor of medicine), DO (doctor of osteopathy), NP (nurse practitioner), PA (physician assistant), and others
- Practice administrators
- Office managers