The Impact of New Foreign Supplier Verification & Third Party Accreditation Rules on Your Food Business
Instructor : Dr. John Ryan
Jul 14, 2017 11:00 AM ET | 10:00 AM CT | 08:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
The FDA FSMA rule on Foreign Supplier Verification Programs (FSVP) for Importers of Food for Humans and Animals is final, and the first compliance dates begin May 30, 2017.
Now preparing guidance documents that extend the requirements previously published under the final rules for cGMP, Hazard Analysis and Risk-Based Preventive Controls for Human and Animal Food. Most businesses have less than one year for full implement compliance implementation.
Since the final FSVP and 3rd Party Accreditation rules rely heavily on new rules for HARPC, Environmental Monitoring, Validation and Validation of Preventive Controls, in this 60 minute session, we will quickly review earlier final rules before we summarize the final FSVP and 3rd Party Accreditation rules. It is critical to begin to understand how the FDA has interwoven the FSMA into more of a compact and focused set of rules than proposed rules might have led us to believe.
The FDA FSMA rules are based on the ideas that risk can be reduced through preventive approaches not widely understood or followed in the food industry. Regardless of your ability to understand these new rules, the implementation period has begun. The waiting period is over.
Why you should attend:
The implications of these newly published FSMA rules go far beyond what their titles imply. Based on FDA recommendations, FDA Educator is presenting this critical session so that domestic and food importers and exporters can begin to protect themselves. More importantly, the Third Party Accreditation Rules need to be understood by all food industry personnel because earlier established food safety standards and audits will be changing to accommodate the new rules.
- Understand how the new rules will impact your business
- Learn how to improve control over suppliers
- Review basic rule requirements
- Prepare your business to comply with changing food safety and quality standards and audits
- Find out who is exempted
- Evaluate Food Risk and Supplier Performance
Areas covered in this webinar:
- Subpart G – Supply-Chain Program
- Validation of Preventive Controls
- Environmental Monitoring Requirements
- Hazard Analysis
- Review Requirements for Accreditation and Certification Bodies
- Begin to bring your internal food safety systems up to date
- Understand FSVP and 3rd Party Accreditation reporting requirements so you can protect your company.
- Know about conflict of interest between your company and 3rd Party Bodies
Who will benefit from this webinar:
- Food producers, shippers, carriers and processors
- Food Safety Certified Auditors
- Food company CEOs, VP and Director Level Personnel
- Internal Food Safety and Quality Team Members
- Food Testing labs and Quality Personnel
- cGMP Specialists
- Operations personnel