Food Safety and Defense: Key Factors to Safely Manufacture, Package and Handle Food Products
Instructor : Jason Teliszczak
Nov 26, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
Since the Food Safety Modernization Act of 2010 was signed into law by President Obama on January 4, 2011, Food Defense is now clearly called out and must be adhered to. These requirements mandate FDA's action in the area of Food Defense, and penalties continue to go higher and higher. With the associated costs related to oversights and recalls, Food Defense is an important economic aspect of any organization.
This session is designed for food manufacturers, packagers and handlers and is focused towards helping both domestic and foreign entities in ensuring compliance with being secure and remaining compliant to FDA regulations. This session will cover the security and safety requirements of FSMA, particularly in the context of Food Defense, and will highlight FDA action taken to date in this area.
Why should you attend:
This Seminar will focus on Food Defense and will detail what an organization needs to have in place in order to safely manufacture, package, and or handle food products. It will cover a broad range of: production types, facilities, and the transportation of goods. This webinar will highlight key areas of the organization that need to be controlled to ensure that intentional contaminants do not enter the product by potential threats.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Brief overview of Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA), highlighting new prevention focused tools pertaining to Food Defense.
- Overview of the requirements spelled out by the Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI).
- Examination the FDA's definition the term "Food Defense".
- How to prepare and improve an organization to be Food Defense compliant.
- How to harden any facility to improve security.
- Regulatory status of the Food Defense clause and timeline of Agency action.
- What FDA expects from manufacturers and handlers.
- How failure to comply with the guidelines may affect an organization.
Who Will Benefit:
- Quality Manager
- Quality Techs
- Front line Techs