CMS 2018 Documentation Guidelines for DME
Instructor : Lynn M. Anderanin
May 08, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
Compliance with CMS Documentation Guidelines for DME to Avoid Overpayments and Recoupments in Medicare.
Understand the requirements for Orthopedic Durable Medical Equipment (DME), and documentation and coding rules for DME, so you can carry out your responsibilities smoothly. This training session will answer your questions on the subject, as well as equip you with information and tools to make your job easier.
During this webinar, our expert speaker Ms. Lynn M. Anderanin will walk you through the subject of Orthopedic DME Coding, explaining various concepts in detail and providing useful information which will help you perform your duties without problems.
Topics under discussion include:
- Determining when medical necessity is met by understanding Medicare Local Coverage Determinations for DME
- Creating a medical record checklist for what you’ll need to pass a Medicare documentation audit
- Knowing when an Advanced Beneficiary Notice should be signed
- Tools which will help you determine the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System code for DME
- Assigning charges for DME to compete with online options
- Reimbursement criteria for braces
- Choosing the correct codes for various braces, and the current Office of Inspector General Work Plan for DME
All webinar attendees will be provided handouts which will help them remember and make the most of what they have learnt during the training session. Handouts include a PowerPoint presentation with web links to important websites with coding help, and guidelines and policies for Orthopedic DME.
- Understand Medicare Local Coverage Determinations for DME, to determine when medical necessity is being met
- Learn how to create a medical record checklist for what’s necessary to pass a Medicare audit of documentation requirements
- Find out when an Advanced Beneficiary Notice should be signed
- Gain some useful tools which will help you determine the Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System code for DME
- Learn how to assign your charges for Durable Medical Equipment, to compete with internet options
- Go through the important criteria that need to be met for reimbursement of knee, ankle, and spine braces
- Understand how to choose the correct codes for custom-made, custom-fitted and off the shelf braces
- Review the current Office of Inspector General Work Plan for DME
Who Will Benefit:
- Orthopedic surgeons
- Physical and occupational therapists
- Administrators and office managers
- Orthotic technicians