Emergency Dept and Outpatient Dept: Meeting the CMS Hospital CoPs
Instructor : Sue Dill Calloway
Nov 05, 2019 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 90 Minutes
This webinar covers the hospital CoPs that affect the outpatient department. Hospitals must ensure the outpatient director is qualified and competent. There must be an order for the outpatient test and the board must approve this whether credentialed and privileged or not. The outpatient department must follow standards of care and practice and these will be discussed in this webinar.
This program will also cover the final changes to the outpatient section. These were published in the Hospital Improvement Rule with an effective date of November 29, 2019. The hospital will be required to have a policy and designate which outpatient departments will require a RN. CMS feels that documentation in the outpatient area is often inadequate. There are additional changes that will also be discussed.
This webinar will also discuss what deficiencies hospitals have been received in the outpatient area and why hospitals are being cited by CMS.
- Recall that CMS has a section in the hospital CoP manual on outpatient services
- Discuss that the outpatient department must follow standards of practices
- Describe that an order is needed for any outpatient test or procedure
- Recall that hospitals must have a policy and list of all the outpatient departments and which ones must be staffed with a RN.
Who Should Attend?
- Outpatient Department Director
- Chief Medical Officer
- Nurses, Chief Nursing Officer and Nurse Supervisors
- Compliance Officer
- Patient Safety Officer
- Legal Counsel and Risk Managers