What's New with HIPAA Compliance 2018
Instructor : Jodie Cannon
Dec 19, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
The scope of the webinar is to provide information on the top HIPAA breaches/violations. We will also reiterate the importance of ensuring HIPAA compliance, as it relates to the administrative, physical, and technical safeguards of protected health information, while focusing on electronic protected health information and the way it is handled in the workplace.
A recent study done by MediaPRO of employees’ security awareness and knowledge of cybersecurity best practices revealed that 75% of employees lack security awareness.
As of August 2018 YTD, the #1 cause of HIPAA breaches is hacking/IT incidents and the #2 cause of HIPAA breaches is unauthorized access/disclosure of protected health information.
Attendees will leave this webinar with a better understanding of HIPAA, an awareness of the importance of HIPAA compliance, learn how to determine HIPAA compliance and how to avoid breaches and monetary settlements through HIPAA compliance.
Why Should You Attend:
The awareness of HIPAA compliance and to provide education as it relates to HIPAA compliance and are, they HIPAA compliant based on the information provided through the webinar.
After completing this course, those assigned this task will have a clear understanding for what needs to be place when it comes HIPAA policies and procedures.
Areas Covered in the Session:
- Why was HIPAA created?
- Who Must Comply with HIPAA Requirements?
- What is a HIPAA Risk Management Plan?
- What are HIPAA Violations?
- Few Cases of HIPAA violations
- What are Breach Notification?
- What HIPAA Policy and Procedures need to be in Place?
- What are the penalties and fines for non-compliance and how to avoid them?
Who Will Benefit:
- Compliance Officer
- HIPAA Privacy Officer
- HIPAA Security Officer
- Medical/Dental Office Managers
- Practice Managers
- Information Systems Manager
- Any Business Associates that accesses protected health information
- IT Companies that support Medical/Dental practices or other healthcare organizations