Integrating the Roles of the Social Worker and RN Case Manager for Best Practice Across the Continuum of Care
Instructor : Toni G. Cesta
Sep 20, 2023 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 90 Minutes
This program will discuss the Standards of Practice for social workers and nurse case managers as defined by the Case Management Society of America as they were updated in 2016. We will then apply those Standards to the contemporary roles of the nurse case manager and social worker. Finally, we will apply those roles to the everyday functions that social workers and nurses perform to complete their jobs. Referral criteria for high risk psychosocially complex patients using social determinants of health will be reviewed as well as how to optimize the skill sets of each discipline. This webinar will help your department in understanding the unique skill sets of the social worker versus the RN and how a true dyad team can be created. By understanding the fundamentals of the work we do, you will be able to apply this knowledge to your practice in any setting!
Why should you attend?
The role of the case manager and social worker is dynamic and constantly changing in response to the changes in health care delivery and reimbursement at the federal, state and local levels. While change remains a constant, there are certain core roles and functions that apply to the work of the social worker and nurse case manager regardless of job setting. In addition, case managers and social workers work within guidelines that provide us with definitions of practice, guiding principles and philosophy statements. Each discipline should be used to the “top of their license”. Learn how to do this to increase your job satisfaction and improve the care provided to your patients.
What you'll learn?
- Standards of practice for RN and Social Work case managers
- The role of the social worker
- The role of the RN case manager
- Identification of high risk patients based on social determinants of health
- Optimizing the skill sets of each discipline
- Complex psycho social assessments
Who should attend?
- RN Case Manager
- Social Worker
- Case Management Director and Manager
- Discharge Planning Director and Manager
- Physician Advisor
- Vice President of Case Management
- Patient Care Services Professional
- Quality Director and Manager
- Social Worker and Social Service Director
- Utilization Management Director and Manager