Structuring and Auditing Physician Leases Under the New Stark Rules
Instructor : Joseph Wolfe
Nov 02, 2017 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
Not long ago, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) finalized a number of significant changes to the Stark Law. Since these changes are in effect, health care organizations should begin monitoring and auditing their existing arrangements, to make sure that they are in compliance with the law’s technical requirements. Learn more about the Stark Law, best practices, and how to ensure compliance, in this webinar.
During this hour long webinar, our expert speaker Mr. Joseph Wolfe will walk you through the subject of the Stark Law, providing useful information and explaining complex concepts, which will help you and your organization stay in compliance. The webinar will start with an overview of the Stark Law, and then move on to examine the critical components of Stark compliant leases. Next, you will learn best practices – for drafting and auditing leases, and for auditing existing leases.
Other topics under discussion include: evaluation of proposed structure and financial terms for compliance prior to making leasing arrangements, changes to the Stark Law in 2016, best practices for negotiating and drafting leases on behalf of health care organizations, and many more. Although the session will cover a variety of subjects, its focus will be on the underlying technical requirements of Stark’s Law, key tenets of defensibility as applied to leasing arrangements, valuation considerations, and potential pitfalls to be avoided.
All webinar attendees will be given handouts, which will help them remember and make the most of what they’ve learnt during the training session.
- Overview of the Stark Law
- Go through and examine critical components of Stark compliant taxes
- Discuss the best practices for drafting leases, and learn the related financial terms
- Find out the best practices for auditing leases
- Find out the best practices for auditing existing leases, and potential pitfalls there
- Find out the best practices for negotiating and drafting leases for hospitals, health care systems, and physician practices
- Skim through the processes for documenting fair market value and commercial reasonableness
Who will benefit:
The following people will benefit from, and should therefore attend, this webinar:
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care HR Personnel
- Health Care Executives
- Health Care CFOs
- In-House Counsel