Structuring and Auditing Physician Recruitment Arrangements: Key Stark Law Considerations
Instructor : Joseph Wolfe
Oct 18, 2017 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
This webinar will focus on the Stark Law's underlying technical requirements and best practices for auditing existing arrangements and potential pitfalls.
In recent years, more health care organizations are entering into physician recruitment arrangements. Structuring these arrangements appropriately and periodically auditing their implementation is critical in today’s challenging enforcement climate.
In this session Mr. Wolfe will provide an overview of the Stark Law, including its 2016 changes. He will also discuss best practices for negotiating and drafting recruitment arrangements on behalf of health systems, hospitals and medical groups.
Why Should You attend:
As health care organizations and physicians develop recruitment arrangements, they must manage their compliance and enterprise risk by ensuring the arrangements are defensible under the Stark Law.
Prior to moving forward with any recruitment arrangements, the parties should carefully evaluate whether the proposed structure and financial terms support compliance with Stark’s technical requirements and key tenets of defensibility so they will be prepared to mount a defense in the event the arrangement is ever challenged.
Session Highlight Points:
- Provide a general Stark Law overview.
- Examine critical components of Stark compliant recruitment arrangements
- Discuss best practices for drafting recruitment arrangements and the related compensation terms
- Review processes for documenting fair market value and commercial reasonableness
- Discuss best practices for auditing existing recruitment arrangements and potential pitfalls
Who will benefit:
- In-House Counsel
- Health Care Compliance Officers
- Health Care Human Resources
- Health Care CFO's
- Health Care executives