How to Get Paid for Out-of-Network Care in 2018
Instructor : Stephanie Thomas
Oct 23, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
When submitting a new third party payer contract, there are multiple things you need to keep in mind. Go through and understand them in this webinar, and obtain other key information and updates which will make the process easier for you. The webinar focuses on credentialing, contracting, negotiating, and increasing your revenue – although many other topics are touched upon.
During this webinar, our expert speaker Ms. Stephanie Thomas will walk you through the subject of dealing with third party payers, explaining various concepts in detail and providing useful information which will help you perform your duties better. You will learn the importance of risk and cost to payers during the contracting process, how to effectively communicate with payers, tips and tricks for billing out of network (and why this may be the best solution for your bottomline), how to read contracts, and how to understand your rights for renewals.
Topics under discussion include: Useful tips on initial credentialing; what the payers want, and what they’re looking for; useful online portals for obtaining information; how to thoroughly fill out credentialing applications for timely and efficient processing; what you need to do if the panels are “closed”; how to keep up on maintenance of your initial contract; how to negotiate better contracts; how to increase your revenue; components of contracts; rules and regulations in contracting; best negotiation strategies, and many others.
All webinar attendees will be provided handouts which will help them remember and make the most of what they have learnt during the training session.
- Learn useful tips on initial credentialing
- Understand what the payers want, and what they’re looking for
- Discover useful online portals for obtaining key information
- Find out how to thoroughly fill out credentialing applications, to ensure timely and efficient processing
- Obtain tips and tricks for billing out of network, and learn why it may be the best option for your bottom line
- Learn how to effectively communicate with payers
- Find out what you need to do if panels are closed
- Go through how to read contracts, and how to understand your rights for renewals
- Understand the importance of risk and cost to payers during the contracting process
- Find out how to keep up on maintenance of your initial contract
- Learn how to negotiate better contracts, for a better outcome
- Go through how to increase your revenue with your current payer mix, and by seeing some out of network patients
- …and much more
Who Should Attend:
- Office management
- Billing department
- Physicians and mid-levels
- Staff working under Credentialing Managers, and
- Staff working under Billing Managers