Prevent Workplace Violence and Meet OSHA Standards
Instructor : Joe Keenan
Jul 24, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
According to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, an estimated one million people are exposed to workplace violence each year. This is a sobering fact. The societal violence that was once only encountered in the paper and on news reports has been steadily spilling over into the workplace. Is your team ready?
Join Environmental Health and Safety professional Joe Keenan for an in-depth lesson on how to protect yourself and your employees from injury. Learn the requirements set by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) for a workplace violence protection program—and know how to implement site-specific policies for an effective prevention program at your organization.
After attending this live webinar, you will better understand the types of incidents that may occur, how to address specific scenarios, and how to train your managers and supervisors to handle violent situations—even active shooter scenarios. Most importantly, you will have the tools to be proactive: You’ll know how to comply with OSHA requirements to prevent workplace violence before it happens—and be prepared for whatever situation presents itself.
- This program will teach you to:
- Comply with OSHA requirements to prevent workplace violence
- Proactively prevent violent incidents
- Design an effective workplace violence prevention program
- Conduct effective training for managers and supervisors on how to handle workplace violence, including active shooter scenarios
- Avoid common errors in your workplace violence prevention program
Who Should Attend
- Environmental health and safety professionals
- Human resources professionals
- Loss control professionals
- Insurance professionals
- General managers
- Plant managers
- Production supervisors
- Legal professionals
- Safety committee members