CPT®, ICD-10 and MPFS Family Practice Updates 2019
Instructor : Jill M. Young
Feb 05, 2019 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
Unlike any previous year, 2019 is one where updates to the Medicare Physician Fee Schedule (MPFS) policies will have a significant impact on your practice. Also, other policy changes will be effective over the upcoming year. Details on the final rule for the MPFS are out. For 2019, one of the biggest changes is the allowance of the documentation of others in the areas of history and exam.
Also, note that significant changes, updates and clarifications have occurred in the 2019 ICD-10 guidelines. Although in a perfunctory manner for some, making sure you have the basics is imperative.
This course by coding expert, Jill M Young, CPC, CEDC, CIMC, will provide much needed information, updates and understanding on the CPT®, ICD-10 and MPFS updates for your Family Practice in 2019. Jill will walk you through and explain the language changes in the guidelines, correct code usage and risk areas that you must know about.
- Documentation of office E&M services in 2019 and the future
- What are the E/M changes and when are each to be implemented
- Clarifications and new language in the ICD-10-CM guidelines
- CPT® changes to skin biopsy codes along with changes to the guidelines
- How it requires a rethinking of the intent of the procedure and then the technique
- When language changes in the guidelines are meant to clarify how to select or use a diagnosis code
- Clarification and prior instructions
- CPT® changes for lesion removals may affect your practice significantly
- Understand which codes are usable and which are not
Who Will Benefit:
- Office managers
- Practice managers