NEW ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Update-The New Standard For Laboratory Competence
Instructor : Michael Brodsky
Dec 19, 2017 3:00 PM ET | 02:00 PM CT | 12:00 PM PT | 60 Minutes
ISO/IEC 17025:2005 is the international standard for the General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration laboratories. This training program will discuss in details the new requirements of ISO/IEC 17015:2017 laboratory accreditation standard and their impact on quality management system. Learn best practices to ensure compliance to minimize corrective actions arising from accreditation audits.
This course is a comprehensive review of the philosophies and requirements of this international standard, including the PDCA process and risk-based thinking. During this webinar, the attendee will gain an understanding of laboratory conformity assessment activities through an interactive, guided tour of the standard not only to ensure a thorough understanding of the requirements. In addition, the course introduces the professionals to the international accreditation recognition requirements which, when working with international companies, help to promote measurements accepted everywhere thereby reducing technical barriers to trade.
This webinar will discuss the changes in the standard and their impact on your QMS.
Why Should You Attend:
Many laboratories have successfully developed and implementing a functional quality management system that not only complies with the management and technical requirements of ISO/IEC 17025:2005 but also meets their needs. Some are still struggling to get accredited and even those already accredited still have issues as evidenced by the number of non-conformances cited during the subsequent biannual audits. Have the rules changed? What are the new requirements of ISO/IEC 17015:2017? How does the new standard impact laboratories that are already accredited and how do you ensure staff adherence and ongoing compliance to minimize corrective actions arising from accreditation audits?
- Describe the risk and process based approach of the standard
- PDCA process with Risk/Opportunities Identification,Mitigation,Verification and Validation
- Identify areas of Risk and Opportunities for Improvement
- List the areas where Procedures and Records are required under the new standard
- Implement actionable clauses of ISO/IEC 17025
Areas Covered in the Webinar:
- Defining a QMS
- Management Components of a QMS
- Technical Components of a QMS
- Method Selection, Validation and Verification
- Ensuring Analytical Competency
Who Will Benefit:
- Laboratory Managers
- QA Managers
- QC Analysts
- Analytical Support Personnel
- Laboratory Quality Management Staff