Project Management for Computer Systems Validation and 21 CFR 11 / Annex 11
Instructor : Angela Bazigos
Jan 09, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 90 Minutes
Project Management is defined as the planning and organization of an organization's resources in order to move a specific task, event or duty toward completion. However, Validation of Computerized Systems has a very specific set of tasks that are often mismanaged, resulting in missed deadlines, increased costs, and regulatory risk, and missed times to market for a company’s product.
In this Session speaker explain the Basics of Project Management and Computer Systems Validation, the basic tenets of 21 CFR 11 compliance for Computer Systems Validation and will show how to marry the two, to deliver on time and on budget.
Why Should You Attend:
Per the CDRH, 20% of product recalls in the medical device industry are due to faulty software!!! Yet, these human, financial and reputation capital expensive issues, can be averted with computerized systems validation and 21 CFR 11 compliance. The Project Manager for a Validated Computerized System, has to deliver on time and on budget, but with the added risk of having to meet regulatory compliance, often causing project overruns, regulatory findings and missed times to market.
This class will explain the basic tenets of project management, the basic tenets of 21 CFR 11 compliance for Computer Systems Validation and will show how to marry the two, to deliver on time and on budget while meeting regulatory compliance requirements.
- Basics of Project Management
- Basics of Computer Systems Validation
- Project Planning for a Computer Systems Validation Project
- Common Pitfalls and How to Avoid them
- What is FDA's most current thinking related to computers and electronic records?
- What are the inspection trends?
- What are most frequent recent citations for Part11?
- What are the most frequent deviations for computer system validation?
- How important is risk based Part11 compliance?
Who Will Benefit:
- Project Managers
- IT Management
- Business Owner
- Quality Managers
- Quality Engineers