Surgical Modifiers: Uncover Hidden Payment Secrets
Instructor : Jan Rasmussen
Jun 20, 2019 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
Surgical modifiers are such a pain. One slip up and your denials can skyrocket, your reimbursement can plummet, and you could end up on a RAC, OIG, Medicare, or private payer audit list. And to top it off, their definitions are so similar it can seem impossible to pick the right one.
Nationally recognized coding educator and consultant, Jan Rasmussen, PCS, ACS-OB, ACS-GI, will give you the knowledge in plain-English to help you choose the correct surgical modifier every time, and it will only take 60 minutes of your time.
By attending this online training, you’ll get to see how the correct and incorrect application of surgical modifiers makes a significant difference to your practice’s overall reimbursement. You’ll walk away from this practical training with everything you need to use these trick modifiers more accurately and to boost your reimbursement, cut your denials, and avoid a modifier-driven audit.
Knowing when – and when not – to use these complex surgical modifiers will save you denial headaches and thousands in lost reimbursement. This program will provide you with real-world coding examples and help you thoroughly understand when and how to apply use these important modifiers. It will help you stop surgical modifiers from causing reductions in your revenue, or from landing you in legal hot water.
- Documentation tips to get more for unusual procedure services – modifier 22
- Head off hidden payment problems with modifiers 22, 58, 78, 79, 54 and 55
- Get paid faster and reduce denials for modifiers 58, 78 and 79
- Avoid overuse of modifier 59, and stay off of your carrier’s audit list
- Get paid for assistant-to-surgery claims with simple to implement modifiers 80, 81 and 82 rules
- Avoid reductions for multiple same-day procedures, hint: modifier 51 is not the answer
- Correctly report split surgeries to avoid payment delays and audits with modifiers 54 and 55
- Meet the standard of co-surgery, and boost your payments with modifier 62
- Stop denials for post-operative procedures during a 90-day global period
- Live Q&A session with speaker
- PowerPoint presentation for download
- Certificate of attendance
- CEU if applicable
Who Will Benefit:
- All practices and specialties that perform surgery
- Practice managers
- Office managers