FDA Plans for Cannabinoids Claims and CBD as drug
Instructor : Norma Skolnik
Oct 31, 2019 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
The webinar will cover the current regulatory status of Cannabidiol(CBD) ,FDA plans for CBD (Cannabidiol) Claims and future regulation and plans for revision of FDA’s “Healthy Claim”. It will also cover recent FDA actions regarding CBD product marketing that violates FDA regulations. This session will convey an understanding of FDA plans to revise the current “Healthy” claim and what to expect. It will also convey likely FDA plans to address the challenging regulation of Cannabidiol (CBD) and what actions the Agency is taking regarding CBD claims that violate the law.
Cannabinoids are a hot topic in the current food industry. Knowledge of the current FDA approvals and research being reported will assist in predicting the future of this class of compounds and deciding whether a given firm wants to be part of it. You will be provided guidance on how to obtain research information and understand the current market for Cannabidiol (CBD) in the U.S.
Session Highlights :
- Current status of Cannabidiol (CBD) regulation and likely plans for future regulation
- FDA position on marketed CBD products and claims
- FDA Actions RE: CBD Claims
- Legal and illegal marketing of Cannabinoids
- Cannabis as 'food'
- Regulatory and future trends for cannabinoids in the United States
- Live Q&A session with speaker
- PPT presentation for reference
- Certificate of attendance
Who Will Benefit:
- Pharmaceutical executives
- Research and development professionals in pharmaceutical companies
- Regulatory affairs personnel in pharmaceutical companies
- Food Executive
- Quality Professionals
- Regulatory Compliance Officer
- Marketing and Business managers
- Attorneys working with CBD products