Modifier -25 Clear up the Confusion
Instructor : Jan Rasmussen
Aug 28, 2019 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
Modifier -25 has a long history of misuse which continues to confuse providers and coders today. This has been on payers radar for some time and continues to be a problem for payment. It is one of the most tricky modifiers to determine its appropriate use.
Join this 60 minute session to clear all your confusion by our expert Janice Rasmussen.
Watch this webinar to learn:
- Clearly identify cases where modifier -25 is appropriate.
- Understand the definition of “significant, separately identifiable service” in relation to procedures and preventive services.
- Reduce denials and/or audits.
- Gain confidence in correctly reporting an EM service on the same day as a procedure or preventive care service.
- Providers will learn documentation techniques to support the use modifier -25
Who Should Attend?
- Billers and Coders
- Office managers
- Members of Denial resolution teams