Applying the CPT® & CMS E/M Coding Changes for 2019
Instructor : Lynn M. Anderanin
Dec 20, 2018 1:00 PM ET | 12:00 PM CT | 10:00 AM PT | 60 Minutes
The CMS has been finalizing a number of documentation, coding, and payment changes to reduce administrative burden and improve payment accuracy for office/outpatient evaluation and management (E/M) visits. While the final changes are yet to surface after several years, the CMS plans to implement several documentation policies in 2019 and 2020. According to a November 1, 2018 release, the CMS will start implementing final changes to documentation, coding and payment in CY2021.
Providers are also concerned about how the six new CPT® code additions to E&M for 2019 should be applied for office visits. At this point of time, it’s crucial for all concerned to know what’s in store and how it impacts revenue because the changes go into effect for all insurances on January 1, 2019.
Join our expert speaker Lynn M. Anderanin in this session and learn how to apply the CPT® and CMS changes to E&M coding for 2019. You will also learn how your office policies, procedures and workflows should reflect these changes. Most importantly, you will learn how these updates will impact your office’s reimbursement and bottom line in 2019. Plus, you will walk away with a handout that includes the new, revised, and deleted codes for 2019, a great reference tool to utilize when applying the changes in the office.
- Current Procedural Terminology (CPT®) Evaluation and Management(E&M) service changes to include 6 new codes
- Additions for behavioral health visits to assist in better coding of services
- Medicare’s application of the new codes and whether or not we can expect reimbursement from them for these services
- Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) final rule for coding, documentation, and reimbursement for office visits
- Understand new G codes that CMS will accept on January 1, 2019
- Using modifiers with the coding changes to submit clean claims for proper reimbursement
Who Will Benefit:
- A/R Managers
- Revenue Cycle Managers
- Nurse Practitioners